Sunday, December 14, 2008

Update of My Life

Haha. That title makes it sound all intense, it's not. If you want something intense go somewhere else =P. So yeah, I haven't blogged in a while so I decided to blog. Heh my life right now? Is stressful and boring at the same time. Most of my free time is swimming and homework. But then the problem is after that stuff dies down for even a little bit I'm bored out of my mind with nothing to do. I've been kind of in a movie stage, so if anyone knows any good movies that came out on DVD or something, tell me! I'm always looking for something to watch.

What else? Hm, Christmas is in 11 days! Oh goodness! Isn't that exciting? I can't wait for the chilling from school and like that's it. I've got some of my shopping done. Having money sucks you are like obligated to buy stuff for other people. Wow okay now I sound like scrooge! I'm excited, really. I love christmas like any other person. It's fun and lots of eating!

Hm what am I reading? As you can see if you look at the About me thing I am currently reading Freeing Keiko: The Journey of a Killer Whale from Free Willy to the Wild by Kenneth Brower. Okay I know what you're all thinking: Dork much? Ha! I know, right? But we have to read a non fiction book for AP English and I am in love with Free Willy and all things Orca. I can't explain it, I couldn't tell you why I do. Especially since I've been to Sea World and Marine Land and been to the 'pet the Killer whales and dolphins!' And I haven't done it because I'm scared of them, they intimidate me so much. So I guess my sort of passion for whales is difficult to explain, I have a deep respect for these animals. They are the largest creatures on earth, and they're smart, playful, and social animals. I'll tell you one thing, I'm only half way through this book (barely!) and I am now more against animal exhibition and captivity for marine mammals then ever. It's horrible to make these beautiful intelligent creatures jump around and perform like clowns in a concrete tank. They are wonderful creatures used to the vast ocean with no boundraries whatsoever and you capture them and forcefully take them from their families and homes and then make them swim in a concrete tank with walls all around them and force them to perform for a handful of fish under the false pretense of education. Baloney. If you want to really learn about them you study them in the wild not in that concrete tank. [If you're interested in this more watch: Saving Lolita Special on Youtube here's the link to the first part--> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gLM-BJzHDnU it will change your life]

^^; sorry. My rant is over, I hope no one takes offense to that. Anyways I'm also re-reading Inkspell by Cornelia Funke. Mostly because I asked for InkDeath for christmas and I'm uber excited for when the movie of Inkheart comes out! During my reading breaks I'm going to try to re-read my collection of books and review them for you. I'll see how that goes. I swear, I can't believe Inkspell is a child's book! Like it's in the children's section, I wouldn't want my child reading that! It would give them nightmares.

Anyways, I'm going to have to go to bed in like two minutes. I've got school tomorrow, whoo. Notice my enthusiam...only 7 more school days till break! ^^ Hee. Anyways. I'll try to update some more soon! Later all, keep reading!
~She Who Reads A Lot

No comments: